Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Planting and Harvesting

Family,

What a week is has been here is Birmingham. The Tri-companionship has ended and Elder Lam is now happily training his boy. Elder Tsai and I are settling into the area and really starting to get things going. The next few weeks are looking really promising!

But before I talk about me and I must congratulate my amazing little sister! Congrats EMS!!!!! That is sooooooo awesome that you got a part in the musical and I am so proud of you. I always told you that you were going to be the most talented Kmetzsch to go to Viewmont. Is Susan the choreographer? Is anyone I know a main character? How did you guys do for getting the boys to try out? Also Emma don't worry about the Juniors and the Seniors. Some of my best friends came when I was Nicely Nicely in Guys and Dolls. I was a little nervous that the Juniors weren't going to be too happy with me, but just be yourself and they will love you!

Well I had a pretty cool experience this week. So we got a media referral from mormon.org and we went to stop by. The night before when we were planning I kept noticing this extra large Book of Mormon in our flat. The next morning before we went out I noticed it again and was like okay I'll take it with us even though its flippin heavy. So we traveled out to the referral and when she answered the door I realized why I brought the extra large book. Turns out she is super old and having trouble reading right now. Good thing I just happened to have an extra large book of mormon. I'm very grateful I followed a seemly small prompting. 

This week I also had the opportunity to baptize someone. His name is Jesse and he is from China. Around a month ago Elder Torres and I found Jesse on the street. We taught him a few times, but then found out that he lived in the Sisters area so we passed him on for the sisters to teach. I'm very glad we did cause the sisters are much better at teaching then I am. After a few weeks he decided to get baptized, and asked if I would be the one to baptize him. It was a great experience I always love getting into the water for baptisms. From this experience I gained a better understanding that yes we are called as missionaries to harvest and not to plant seeds, but you should always be planting seeds along the way. Also that we are put into specific areas for a reason. The sisters have a great connection with Jesse, a connection that I probably wouldn't have been able to make and that is why he lived in there area. I'm really grateful that I got to see the progress he made and not only plant the seed but also help in the harvesting.

Jesse and me at his baptism

This is a member here who is from Oregon 
but has some cousins in Centerville and guess who
they are. The Craig's down the street from us! What a small world.

Well I don't have loads of time, but I'm glad all is well and hope everyone has a great week.

Love,

Elder Kmetzsch 

No comments:

Post a Comment