Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Sore Throats and Sour Candy

Family,

What I week it has been for you guys. If you think that you miss Torie's crazy kids you can only imagine how much I do. I know that someday I will have to wear BYU blue, but I don't think you will ever get me to cheer for them over Utah! If I have to I will take a summer class at Utah just so that I can say that I went there. Funny enough I already knew about the sad loss by BYU in the last minutes of the game. It is just too bad that they had to settle for a field goal on that second to last drive. And that they really lead the game by 10 for pretty much the whole time, ha ha! There is a member in the ward here that is from the States and he is a very big BYU fan so he has been updating me on the scores and how the games have been going. He doesn't like Utah very much, but he still kindly looks up the scores for me. 

Funny enough this last Saturday we were getting on the bus again and you'll never guess who we bumped into. Yes you got it the Gold Tooth lady!!! And I can tell you I have never felt so much fear in all of my life when she gave me one of the Iciest and Coldest glares that I have ever received! But she held her tongue and wasn't brave enough to say anything to me. But that was an extremely long bus ride.... 

Well this week I got one of my infamous sore throats complete with a head cold. Nothing serious enough to keep me from going out and working, but just enough to make me nice and uncomfortable while I was doing it. I thought back on all those years of me being just the absolute worst sick person in the whole world, and how much patience and charity my dear sweet and absolutely wonderful mother had for me as her horrible and miserable child. Thank you Mom for loving me. I also thought back to all those times that this same cold decided to hit me right before the musical started, and those nights of loading up on Airborn and drinking a lovely mug of Lemon and Honey tea. I was loading up on all that good stuff and more this week. I even tried a remedy that an investigator back in Aberystwyth told us to do. Which is to blend RAW garlic and ginger into some water and drink it strait.... Oh my goodness it was Vile! But I'm feeling pretty good now so maybe it worked?? There was also some menthol chest rub in the flat so I put that on before bed, man it took me back. All I needed to complete my sickly childhood was a humidifier by my bed. 

I am really loving the candy you guys sent and so is basically the whole Harborne Ward. I find great happiness and joy in sharing good stuff that I have with others, especially sharing extremely sour War Heads with unsuspecting English people:) I even tried to get President Leppard to eat one at Zone Meeting but he wasn't having any of it! He said that he has seen all the tricks from his kids and has had all the sour candies, ha ha! He is a very wise man. One of the Elders from Jamaica was not as wise and his reaction was priceless. I'll try and get the video for you guys. 

Yes I did get your video and yes it does play on the iPad. Thank you and everyone for the Birthday wishes. I still feel like it wasn't actually my Birthday but I'll try and get over it. 

Luna didn't end up being baptized this week, but shortly she will. Please keep her in your prayers. 

Well I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Love,

Elder Kmetzsch    

No comments:

Post a Comment