Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Welcome to the Mainland

Family,

Well this week was transfers but don't worry I didn't go anywhere. I can't say the same for Elder Torres though, sadly my time in Brazil is over and I've moved a little more East. My new companions name is Elder Tsai, he is from Taiwan. I also have another companion his name is Elder Lam, he is from Hong Kong. So I'm in a triple companionship until this Wednesday when Elder Lam leaves us to pick up his new missionary. He's training here in Birmingham but his boy is coming late.

My new companions, Elder Tasi and Elder Lam

This week was a little crazy with transfers and everything. Lin's baptism went great. It was pretty simple just a few people and us. Nothing too exciting to report but he said that when he hit the water his feelings were indescribable. And after his confirmation this last Sunday he said he just felt super confident. I'm way excited for him but he will be going home in a few weeks.... I'm gonna miss that guy! But Burma needs him more than we do.

The ward here is pretty good. There are a load of YSA because there are a few universities in Birmingham. Also the recently returned missionaries really like going out teaching with us so it's great! It's a big city ward so there are loads of members and not as many active as we would like, but we are doing the best we can. The area that I am in is pretty much just all university housing so we only teach students and mainly foreign students. I sometimes feel like I'm serving my a mission on the mainland of China! By the end of this transfer my plan is to be fluent in Mandarin.

That's pretty much it for this week, hope all is well.

Love,

Elder Kmetzsch

No comments:

Post a Comment