Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Baptisms and Baby Blessings

Family,

Sounds like you guys had quite the Halloween! All the costumes for the girls looked really good and the pumpkins were awesome. I loved Emma's Ursula and Dad's monster made me laugh. Halloween is not the greatest thing over here. Mostly people just get really drunk all night. So the missionaries actually have to go inside at 6:00 that night. Needless to say my Halloween was pretty boring. 

It is funny that you mention the Christlike attributes because lately I have been studying the New Testament, specifically the gospels and the life of Christ. It has been really cool to read and see those attributes come to life in the teachings and actions of Christ. I always avoided the bible because it is super long and complicated and I felt like I couldn't understand the parables. A challenge that my mission president gave to us was to put your name into the scriptures. When you really make the scriptures personal for you they come to life. It has worked for me and I challenge all of you to try it.

This week was pretty boring, again. But I did get to be apart of some really cool and really fun things. First of all I got to play the prelude music for a baptism. I was really excited to find out that I can sight-read! It was super fun to actually be able to play hymns. I have made a goal to be able to play at least 50 by the time I get home from my mission. I also get to be apart of the ward choir and that is so much fun! I never thought I would say this but ward choirs are the best. We are so blessed to have them.

Next was at the baptism. The person that was going to baptize the sisters investigator, named Ray, couldn't make it to the baptism so at the last minute they asked me to perform the baptism. It was such a special experience to actually perform my first baptism! I really hope that next time it will be someone that I have actually taught! 



This Sunday there was a baby blessing and it was way cool, but the best part was the food after. It is good to know that the church munch and mingles are the same everywhere you go! 

I hope you all have a great week and love you bunches!

Love,

Elder Kmetzsch 

No comments:

Post a Comment