Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Crazy Australian and Heaps of Rain

Family,

Happy Anniversary Mum and Dad! I was actually thinking about that this week. I was like, man, my parents have been together for 33 years! I don't even know what 33 years is. I hope that someday I will love someone as much as Dad loves Mom! They are such a great example to all of us kids! Family is the most important part of the gospel. I am so grateful for the absolutely incredible family I was blessed with! I don't care what anyone says. My family is the best one around! 

Not gonna lie I am super jealous that Emma got to sing at a Grizzlies game! Cool story, I actually met a Canadian hockey player the other day! He had some friends that played for the Grizzlies! When I told him I was from America he was like, "No your not," and this last Sunday a girl in the ward said that I was starting to sound English. Maybe I'm losing my amazing Utah Accent!! Nooo, but is was weird to hear a Canadian talk, and I thought about Sam! So here is a shout out to Sam! Love you my Canadian Brother! 

So this week was transfer week, and I have a new companion. His name is Elder Costigan. He is from Australia! He is possibly my new favorite person. We have been together for 4 days now and have had so much fun. We have seen loads of miracles as well. But he is one crazy Australian.  

My new companion Elder Costigan.
The first miracle is a girl named Louise. She is from Coventry and is so awesome! She was the second person that we talked to as a companionship and she is set to be baptized later this month. The day that we ran into Louise she had this strange feeling that she wanted to go into a church. So she went into a random church. She had never been religious before so she didn't know why she wanted to go into the church and later that day she ran into us. Pray for her to get an answer about The Book of Mormon for me! 

The other miracle is how many people actually listened to us. For some reason people are just stopping and listening to us. Maybe its because we are smiling so much. I don't think that I have stopped laughing since Elder Costigan has gotten here. He is one funny guy. 

Winter has hit here in England and the rumors are true. Last Saturday it rained more than I have ever experienced in my life, and it was colder than I thought it could get here. I was soaked to my bones and very, very cold. I felt like I was at the top of the mountain at Snow Basin accept it was raining and I was wearing a suit. But I don't mind the cold and I really like wearing sweaters!

A bombed out Cathedral.

The top of the Cathedral tower.


Love,

Elder Kmetzsch

No comments:

Post a Comment