Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Another One Bites the Dust

Family,

What a week. So much has happened this week it has been a bit crazy. But it sounds like you guys have had a pretty fun week as well. Did Nate drive to Utah with a boy friend or with a girl friend? Ha ha, but Emma sent me a picture of his man bun, Oh Brother my Brother.... I am an awful human being and was totally planning on saying happy birthday to my dearest older brother but then I forgot... But I know that he will forgive me. But here I am now saying Happy Birthday Nate! You old fart... Man you have no idea how much I would love to go to the Broadway Bingo concert! That seriously is one of my new favourite events. I hope Mom continues to do Utah Voices so that we can go every year! I hope Emma repents and is able to do enough practicing on the piano to at least make federation worth it. I miss piano insane amounts and can't wait to get back into playing it a bit more.

Well first off for my week was our Zone meeting. It was on Wednesday so we had a few days to prepare and I think that it went really well. The spirit was really strong. Me and Elder Tukuafu's main training was on Faith and Obedience. Mostly we talked about how obedience is an act of faith and how disobedience has an effect on everyone. We shared a pretty extreme example from Joshua 7 about how disobedience effects the people around us, you can read it in your spare time if you want to. The rest of zone meeting went really well as well. We are starting a new Easter initiative which is called #hallelujah and the Sister training leaders gave a great training on that and how we can share Christ with people during this season. We also had the departing testimony from our beloved friend and brother Elder Tukuafu, as they say, "Another one bites the dust," He happens to be going home this week and today is our last day together and his last real day on this mission. He has a wonderfully relaxing 26 hour flight back to Tonga not including the lay overs and the time difference. Anyway he leaves to the mission home tomorrow flies out on Thursday and gets home on Saturday. Ha ha, I am not jealous. But he gave his final testimony and it was all emotional and such. All in all zone meeting was a success and hopefully someone learned something.




Secondly we had an exchange this week. We are definitely trying to make the new exchange policies more effective and less of just a sleepover but it is a work in progress. We will get there eventually, maybe after I get home.... But it was a fun exchange though. Next on the list I must mention the Pila and his family came to church yesterday!! They dressed in Traditional Tongan attire for church as did my companion. I will make sure to sent some pictures of him and them in there outfits. The ward really loved seeing them there and especially seeing Elder Tukuafu wear flip flops to church! But it was pretty amazing that they came and seemingly had a great time. Later that night we had a"missionary fireside" really we just watched meet the Mormons and invited ward members to bring there friends. Well it didn't get the greatest turn out in the world..... No nonmembers came and it was just us and the other missionaries and a few ward members. But it wasn't all bad because I have never seen meet the Mormons before and I have been really wanting to watch it! What a wonderful movie, my favourite part was definitely the Navy Head coach. I am soooooooooo excited for the season this fall!! But the spirit was really strong there and at the end we all sang, "God be with you till we meet again," to Elder Tukuafu and Sister Banchini cause they are leaving Nottingham.



Well that's about it for our exciting week, I hope you enjoy the pictures of the Tongans and of me and Elder Tukuafu in the new mission car.

Love you,

Elder Kmetzsch

No comments:

Post a Comment