Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The American Way

Family,

Oh Dad quit being a boob! Though it does comfort me to know that you actually kinda love me. I think I'll keep you as my father for now! I'm glad someone is teaching Emma how to drive in the snow. Because that is an important skill to have, a skill which absolutely no English people have. So when it snows here the whole town pretty much just shuts down after about a half an inch. Though after the snow a few weeks ago we haven't seen anything else and things have started to warm up quite a bit. Winter just might be over and we could get an early spring but you never know!

I must say I am not surprised about Dads new calling. He would get called into the YSA stake. It's just like Mom says he should have been a teacher cause he just has a way with the young people. You will do amazing things for the YSA that you are now serving Dad. Don't forget about the massive impact that you have had on the lives of our ward's young men. The young men's presidency/advisers have a huge impact on young men's missions and testimonies. I am soooo glad that Dad was one of mine. I thought that I had finally gotten rid of Bishop Daines when the ward split and now I am going to have to deal with President Daines!?!?! What is the world coming too! Ha ha, I know he will do a great job.

Thank you Mom for staying up and making sure that I have a place to live this fall. I very much appreciate all of your efforts for me. I noticed that I couldn't sign up for classes until I got the
endorsement from President. So I will let him know today, so he can get that taken care of. I filled out my half and now all he has to do is to do his. I am getting really excited to go to BYU and just meet all sorts of new people. Plus I have sooo many mission friends that are at BYU, it's gonna be good.

Well our week was a good one. Mostly because we spent it with quite a few Americans!! Actually we just had a few Dinner appointments with the Americans in the ward and man they were good. The first was a young couple who are here for work/research for a while. They cooked this pasta dish that had Bacon and obscene amounts of cheese and you'll never guess but they put brown sugar in the thing! Leave it to the Americans to but brown sugar in a pasta dish. Needless to say it was one of the best pasta casserole things that I have ever had. The second was dinner with Wanda who is like my adopted grandmother. The dinner was great and we had some really nice homemade pizzas with jalapeƱos on them, but the dessert was something else. She made a homemade key lime pie and I must say that it was the best key lime pie I have ever tasted. Wanda is known in the ward for her baked goods and she never ceases to amaze me. Dad would have loved to have some of this pie!


In other news this week we have really started to make some progress with a polish family that we are teaching. She is a single mother with 3 kids at home. We have been stopping by and kinda teaching her almost the whole time that I have been in Nottingham but haven't really made much progress until these last couple of weeks. The difference was all in who we took with us. So there is a recent convert in the ward named Michal who is from the Czech Republic and he just happens to speak pretty good Polish. So we decided to take Michal with us and man miracles have started to happen. It was so cool to see him bear his simple and sweet testimony to Beata. Ever since we started taking Michal with us she has been so much more welcoming and wants us to come back more and more. Hopefully things will continue to go up with her.

The rest of everything is still going good, ha ha. Not too much to report on but things are really looking up for our area and as always when things start to get good there must come a change. This week is transfers and me and Elder Shaw are not sure what is going to happen. It is less likely that I will leave Nottingham then him, but you never know what the Lord has in store for me. We will find out tonight what is happening. I really hope that I stay in Nottingham. I love the city and I really love the ward.

I hope everyone is doing well and you are having a blast without me!

Love,

Elder Kmetzsch


P.S. I like Ferraris!

No comments:

Post a Comment