Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A New Year

Family!

Well Dad I'm going to have to agree with you about the whole perspective thing. Life as the Lords servant is really never boring but some weeks are more eventful than others. Last week just happened to be one of those less eventful weeks. But I am really learning that it is the little things that matter most. Especially when it comes to keeping the commandments and just being an active member of the church. If you don't do the little things or if you do them grudgingly then it in the long run it will profit you nothing, but if you do those little things slowly but surely they will change your very nature.

I was way excited when I saw that, "Press Forward," was going to be this years mutual theme. 2 Nephi 31:20 is one of my very favourite scriptures! I have shared it over and over again with those that are just about to or have just been baptized. It is actually a scripture that I have used in every single one of my baptismal interviews. Needless to say I really like that scripture and the picture that it puts into my mind. I strive always to have a, "perfect brightness of hope," hope just drives me and that scripture says is so well.

I am really glad that everyone made is home safely and that they are back into the regular schedule of things. I hope and pray that everything goes well with the move for Torie and Craig and am really excited to get to go and visit them in there new home.


Great pictures Dad, but man, that hair!!!!!  You never cease to amazing me Father. But that is way cool that you got to talk to an old mission buddy. I love how exchanges really help you get to know the others missionaries that you serve around more than just your companion. It is nice to have someone who knows the bible well and can back up what you are saying. I like my Father have the gift of gab and sometimes get myself into a bit of trouble because I can't always back up what I am saying with exact references and then my point becomes invalid, ha ha. So a good companion is necessary. I hope that I will be able to stay in contact with old mission friends and hopefully like Dad be a good example and light to them.

On to the week. Well this week has been great. Our investigators pool is beginning to really pick up and we have found some cool people. We are also seeing a LOT of miracles in the zone which makes up for where we fall short in our own area. I love seeing other people succeed, I honestly like seeing and helping others do well more than actually doing it myself. So I am happy to see the zone doing so well and staying happy. But back to our week. Well the main and coolest thing was that we started teaching a man by the name of Marvellous. Marvellous is from England and Sweden but we have our suspicions that his parents are either from Nigeria or Ghana. He is a student here in Nottingham and
we found him on the street. He is really just trying to strengthen his relationship with God and he isn't sure how he should do that. Well it's a good thing that we can help him. It was a really great first lesson and I am excited to continue to get to teach him!

I also got to go on another exchange to Lincoln this week. This time I went with Elder Chugg and Elder Riesen because there is a trio in Lincoln at the moment. It was a fun night. Elder Riesen was in the MTC at the same time as I was and we roomed together. It was cool to catch up on each other's missions because we haven't really served around each other until now. He is from Switzerland which is way cool and he is just an all around cool guy.





Oh yeah, we also had zone meeting this week which was slightly stressful but we made it through. Me and Elder Shaw did a training on the Holy Ghost and how we can use the Spirit more in our missionary work to really find those who are prepared. It was good enough, ha ha!



Well that was pretty much our week. I hope you enjoyed the email and I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,


Elder Kmetzsch

No comments:

Post a Comment