Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Faith in Every Footstep

Family,

What a week! Settling into a new area with a new flat and a new companion is always a tricky one, but it is getting easier and easier as time goes on. Elder Hsu and I have worked pretty hard this week to teach me all I need to know about the area and the investigators before he goes home this Wednesday. It is kinda strange that I am only going to have him as a companion for two weeks in total but it sure does make time go fast! We had some amazing miracles happen this week with finding new people to teach and having people come to church and it all ended with seven investigators coming to church!

Man that meme is probably one of the funnier things that I have ever heard!! Poor BYU, ha ha!


Well you can tell Bishop Daines that I am doing just great! And that I love his guts and all that he has done for me.

Emma you need to just go for it!! Don't hold back when it comes to putting yourself out there. I really regret that I was so embarrassed about acting and things. But if my mission has taught me one thing it is that it doesn't matter, not one bit! Seriously though so what if you are a little embarrassed for a moment or even a day. After that no one is going to remember. When you do remember it will be a very sweet and funny memory that you can look back at and laugh. Don't hold back, you'll regret it!

This week has been full of fun and craziness just running around everywhere and seeing everyone that we can. It'll be even funner when I get to learn the area on a bike after Elder Hsu leaves. I am really exited to get back on a bike! I'm going to use it as a opportunity to burn off a little of that extra weight that came on in Aberystwyth with the car. I'm not 100% sure who my new companion will be after tomorrow but I will for sure to let you know next week.

It is funny that you mentioned that talk by Elder Anderson because that was my favourite talk of the conference. I think me and Mom just have similar thinking. But it was a truly inspired message that was followed perfectly by Elder Bennet and President Utchdorf. Faith is something soooo real and tangible it is something that I feed off of daily to keep me moving forward in the right direction. No you can't always see it, but you can feel it, and if you can't feel it then do three simple things. Read the Book of Mormon for 30 minutes every day, say your morning and evening prayers and go to church each Sunday. As you do these things your faith will be strengthened and you will be able to do more are more as time goes on. I love the phrase, "Faith in Every Footstep," and it has taken on a new meaning to me recently. To me it is now saying that sometimes to take even just one footstep takes faith and not just hope, it takes faith with real tangible things that you can do. Like Elder Anderson said, there are things we can do and not to just wait for it to fall on us!

Well I hope you are all safe, healthy and happy! The work moves forward and the Lord is at the head!!

Love you all,

Elder Kmetzsch

No comments:

Post a Comment