Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Aber-darkness


Family!

Well my darkest fears came true. I have been transferred! I am now in Aberystwyth which is on the coast of Wales. Probably the most beautiful area in my mission. Plus I am now in a car. I don't get to drive it as of now, but hopefully that will change. My new companions name is Elder Ruttan and he is from Canada aye, ha ha! He has just barely been out longer than me, with a whopping 8 months of experience. We get along great and have seen some awesome miracles this week.

Last week I did one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do. Leaving Coventry was heart-wrenching. Leaving behind all the amazing friends I had made and all the work that was going to be done was extremely hard. I think the hardest was leaving Elder Costigan though. I don't know that I will ever have a companion that I get along with and work as well with as him. He is a legend! But it was time for me to move on and I will just have to adjust.

Well the branch here is really small only about 50-60 members attend on a good week. They are really amazing though and there are some really cool families. A few of the students are from utah so it is really nice to have them here. And there is a family that owns and runs an American diner! They are really cool and gave me a Cherry Doctor Pepper! Ha ha, I almost died it was so good. But like I said the branch is very small and very short on pianists so I actually ended up playing the piano for my first sacrament meeting here. It was a little bit scary, but everyone was really impressed that I could play. I think I will get to use a lot of my musical abilities here so I am excited for the opportunity to serve.



 Not much has happened that is too exciting accept for traveling for 8 hours on Wednesday. Aber is the farthest area away from the mission home in the mission so some people call it aber-darkness, ha ha! I got a kick out of that.


I hope all is well and that you liked the pictures of the beach that I sent. It really is beautiful here and I will send lots of pictures of the castle ruins, that are in the town and of other cool things I see. The first rule of being in Wales is alway have your camera and alway have it fully charged!

Love you all,

Elder Kmetzsch 

No comments:

Post a Comment