Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Driving

Familia,

First off Happy Birthday Torie! I knew it was coming up but didn't know the exact date. I can't believe you are 28. It seems so old.... In my eyes you will always be 22 and going to Utah State! But I hope you had a happy birthday none the less.

I like driving and all but this is getting ridiculous! First on the list was Zone Conference. Zone conference for us is in Cardiff. Which is about a three hour drive depending on traffic. So that was fun. But the drive was absolutely beautiful, I definitely can't complain about the view, but you know how I get motion sickness... Well imagine a small winding road and then add about 60 miles an hour. It is a darn good thing that you guys sent me some gum. It really helps. But besides the ridiculous drive Zone Conference was amazing. We talked a lot about expectations. I've found that when I expect miracles to happen they happen. Too often I limit how the Lord can bless me by having doubts coupled with low expectations. When we have high expectations coupled with hard work things work out. Remember Faith and doubt can't exist together. The Lord blesses us according to our faith. It's that simple, just doing what we are supposed to and expecting good things to happen. It isn't doing what we are supposed to and I sorta hope that they could happen, No! When we do good works the Lord has to bless us. "I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, you have not promise." The Lord promises miracles and blessings when we do what he says, but when we doubt he can't. So I am going to stop doubting and just work hard and watch the miracles happen!
Me and Elder Ruttan, in the corner is Elder Dehann. 
He is Kelly Dehann's son! It was cool that I got to meet him.
Second on the list of road trips was yet another trip to Swansea. We traveled down for a stake conference of sorts and it was really fun. But the 4 hour round trip is long sometimes. Our EFY and MOTAB music can only get you so far.... Good thing we have started listening to some talks and that makes the time go by faster, plus you learn a lot!

Me, Elder Worlton, and Elder Ashby
It was a family photo because Elder Worlton trained both of us.
On to a more spiritual note. I had a bit of a wrestling match this week. We were out street contacting and we talk to people on this big hill. And I mean big! We just walk up and down and up and down talking to people. It was a particularly hard day for me and I was really struggling with focusing and connecting with people. My mind was very preoccupied, and I was getting frustrated with myself for not doing better. So I took it to the Lord. We had a nice chat as I walked up and down this hill. I knew exactly what he was telling me and I honestly had Zero desire to do it. I proposed several other options to how I could do better, but it just kept coming back to one thing, "Stop Everyone." Why did I have to stop everyone? There are plenty of students on this hill, so I should get to pick and choose who I want to stop, right? Wrong, it isn't up to me. As soon as I was done with my wrestle I realized just how judgmental I was being, by picking people that I wanted to stop.  I picked people that I thought were my best chance. To put it bluntly people that looked normal to me. When I stopped judging and started finding immediately people were more receptive and I was able to get a few solid potentials. And just as a bonus we got a text from an investigator about an answer to a prayer and that we could meet with them soon. When we just do it the Lords way it works better. I thought I knew what that meant but apparently I didn't.

It was a week full of miracles and learning. Dominique is progressing towards this weekend at a lightning pace, and her friend Tania surprised us and is hopefully going to be baptized on the same day! Pray for them that they will be able to fight any opposition that comes their way this week. Satan tends to hit us hard right before the big stuff happens.

Hope you guys have a great week. You are in my prayers.

Love,
Elder Kmetzsch


P.S. Nate how big was that fish? It looked nice!  

No comments:

Post a Comment