Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Through the Cold, the Rain and a Haircut?

Family,

I've decided that I hadn't ever really experienced cold until this week. Humid cold is not pleasant, not pleasant at all. I have invested in a nice big scarf and that has improved the situation greatly! But I do like being cold rather than hot! There are only so many layers you can take off! But you can have 2 jumpers, (sweaters) and a big coat and it'll all be just fine! 


Elder Rutter and I about to Brave the Cold!
Man, I still can't believe Emma is so old! It seems like last week I was in CJH Madrigals going to Reading Elementary and dancing just as awkwardly.... I can't believe she is actually touching a boy!!! AHH gross! 

Christmas time really is a special time of year. Even if you don't believe in Christ or have an religion at all, for most people Christmas is a time to spend with family and friends. The traditions we have and the feelings we get make Christmas something that is like nothing else. Just today I was walking through a store and saw a 1000 piece puzzle and I was pretty sad that I couldn't do one this year! I love our Silver tree. I hope Emma was gentle with it, cause it has to last at least 2 more years. I think I like Christmas time the best for missionary work. Especially with the new initiative. People are much more willing to stop and talk if you are asking them about Christmas! We have seen some really cool miracles with the new video and I think this Christmas will be the best one ever! 


I wish I could have gone fishing with Cameron in Florida. But I think I would have hurled as well... I have always wanted to go deep sea fishing. For now I will just have to be content with being a fisher of men, I guess. We actually had a Zone Conference this last week and we talked a lot about how we are fishers of men, and how when Christ called the apostles they, "strait way left there nets." We talked about how we each in our own lives have nets that are holding us back from the Savior. It could be something as simple as R movies or something larger like a serious addiction. Whatever it may be Christ is calling us to leave are nets and become fishers of men. In other words he is calling us to leave behind our desires and to focus on others. This Christmas season I personally am trying to decided what my nets are, and how I can give them up. This year the gift I am going to give my Saviour is me. My thoughts, My desires and all of My effort. I hope that everyone can find something they can give to Christ this year. I know that when you do you will have a better Christmas than you have every had. So strait way leave your nets behind and see how giving to the Savior will change you this year. 

Zone Conference


This week has been a bit of a rebuild for us. We have lost some investigators and have spent a lot of time street contacting and trying to build up our area. We have had some long days, but there isn't really a dull moment with Elder Costigan. He really is a nutcase... I love his guts though and I am learning so much from him! Lots of people are going out of town for Christmas and it is pretty frustrating but hey in January we are going to have loads of people to call! 

We had Zone Conference and I was asked to sing a solo... Probably the scariest performance of my life. I sang, "Mary Did You Know" and it went really well! I didn't even crack at all, ha ha. I hope you are proud that I am still using my talents, Mom! 

I needed a haircut this week and I finally gave into the classic having your companion cut your hair approach. I was pretty nervous but Elder Costigan did a very nice job, ha ha!

Anyway I think that I'll still be in Coventry for Christmas, we'll find out tonight.... If I do stay then I will call at around 6:00 or 7:00 here. I will let you know for sure next Monday but for now plan on a call at 11:00 or 12:00 on Christmas! I'm not really all that excited for it, but I guess I'll talk to you guys for a little bit. Have a great week, don't have to much fun without me!

Love,

Elder Kmetzsch

No comments:

Post a Comment