Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Like Father, Like Son

Family,

So I showed the other missionaries the pictures of Dad on his mission and they all were like, "Oh my goodness you are like the same person!" I told them that he may be taller, but I am better looking! 

Elder Steven Kmetzsch 
Virginia, Roanoke Mission


Yes, we have the Ensign and we can download all of conference on to a usb and listen to it whenever. I don't know exactly when we are getting iPads but President has told us that we should get them before the end of the year. I am really excited! I dislike keeping hand written records and am looking forward to the Area Book app. Potentially I will be video chatting this Christmas with my new iPad! 

Well my bike has returned to the shop for the 4th time. It is a really good thing that I have a warranty plan on it. It cost me 20£ and I have already used up 100£ worth of repairs! Go Jake! I don't know why my bike keeps giving me problems, but hopefully this will be the last time that I have to go in for awhile! The guy says he is just going to replace the whole back wheel and see if that fixes the problem! Three axels, a new bottom bracket and a new back wheel will hopefully do the trick! 

Not too much happened this week that was all that exciting. But being the District Leader's JC is the life. Sunday nights while my comp is doing all sorts of fun paperwork and calling in reports, I get to relax, write in my journal and take a nice long shower/bath. This week I discovered bubble bath solution in our flat and just had to take myself a nice relaxing bubble bath! It took me back to the days of bubble beards and multiple Kmetzsch children in the bathtub. 

Our Flat

The work is going forward here in Coventry. My finding skills are definitely getting better and I'm really starting to enjoy talking to all the crazy people! People just have such interesting lives and when you really listen you can tell exactly how the Gospel will help them. Everyone needs the Gospel but the hard part for me is listening to hear which part of the Gospel will help them right then. I know personally about the power of the Atonement. It has been such a big part of this difficult beginning to my mission. It's power has really been a strength to me. Everyone needs the power of the atonement and it is our job to share it. Thank you for your prayers. I love you all tons!

Love,


Elder Kmetzsch 

No comments:

Post a Comment