Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Just Enough Fire to Singe You Eyebrows

Family,

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous of Peter getting to hold the snake!! But I don't know if I would have been as brave as he was. That looks like a pretty big one. Too bad about the birds though, but I guess that's just the circle of life.

I was actually thinking about Pizza Pie Cafe the other night. Pizza in this country is absolutely ridiculously priced and not even all that good compared to America. Me and Elder Richardson were talking about the best places to go like Pizza Pie and the Pizza Factory. Man I could go for some of those breadsticks right now. But I'm glad that you guys liked it, I am definitely a big fan of Pizza Pie and it will be one of my first stops when I get home, one of many. Man I'm really glad Emma is finally learning what hard work is! It's about time! I know exactly how she feels though. Serving people at the mandarin who were just rude was the worst. People just need to realize that they can't have everything they want at a lightning pace and that just because we work there it doesn't mean that we are perfect.

Well this week was pretty slow but it ended with a bang. We had a special stake conference with the whole Western Europe area that was presided over by Elder Holland.  Man oh man did he ever throw down. It was sooo great. He gave a similar talk called, The Safeguards For the Soul, in conference a few years ago. But this one was different, it was less prepared and much more bold. The only way I can describe it is that it was raw. I didn't think the Book of Mormon could get any more true than it already was but it did. It went from being 100% true to like 280% true in a matter of 30 minutes or so. Elder Holland was also cracking some pretty good jokes. He was like I'm in charge here so I'm gonna do what I want to do. But all in all it was a very spiritual meeting and I'm super excited to get to meet him this Thursday, like out of my mind excited. I'm also a little nervous cause I've been asked to lead the music again. It's not very often that you get to conduct the music for a meeting with an Apostle of the Lord, pray that I don't mess up.

Haaaaapppy birthday too you haaaaaaappppy birthday too you!!!! Haaaaaaapppppy birthday dear Pete! Haaaapy birthday to you, happy birthday you stink-in jalapeno!

Well I hope all is well in Utah, Illinois and North Carolina you should all be jealous of me over here in Wales. It is so green! But remember to travel safe and that I love you all.

Love,

Elder Kmetzsch

No comments:

Post a Comment