Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Educated confusion with Intelligent People

Family,

You guys have way more exciting lives than I do! I just walk around and talk to people all day! But I'm glad Emma is keeping Dad busy, he needs a little excitement in his life;)

Those pictures of James are about the cutest things I've ever seen! And little baby clara is so, so cute. Those cheeks are the cheeks of a champion:) I'm glad all went well with the trip and that everyone is safe.

I love that quote from James E Faust. It is so true. We never know how much one person can really do. Ever single person plays a part in Heavenly Fathers plan and without them it just wouldn't work. It is a beautiful thing.

Well this week as been a stressful one. We have some very smart investigators and some very well versed ones as well. For some reason all of them decided to have problems with the Official 

Declaration #2 (blacks and the priesthood) in the Doctrine and Covenants. This is a problem I haven't had to deal with yet on my mission and to be honest somethings that I didn't want to have to deal with. But we tried our best and through it all, if nothing else, I have found a greater understanding of Gods timing and more of an eternal perspective on things. I have learned that God will make all of his blessings available to everyone, not when we think they should come, but in his time. Besides learning a lot I also became very stressed and missed my punching bag a lot! Like I just wanted to hit things... but I refrained from it and Elder Ruttan was very grateful.

One of our investigators has read the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, and the gospel principles manual. We have only been meeting with him for 2 weeks. Just to give you an idea of the intelligence level. Oh yeah and he also makes his own cross references. To my simple mind his questions just don't make sense and it has been extremely humbling to try and teach him. I honestly have never tried to rely on the spirit more. Mostly I just end up bringing it back to faith and prayer because honestly that is all it takes. People just don't get it! Faith and prayer can solve most problems. But it definitely has been a week of educated confusion with some very intelligent people. 

We stumbled upon a church in the middle of the woods.
It was pretty cool! You gotta love Wales!



This last Sunday I had the opportunity to bless the sacrament. It had been awhile since I've been able to do that and it was definitely one of the most meaningful times that I have ever experienced. It was really cool a couple of weeks ago when a missionary got home in our branch he and his dad blessed the sacrament together. I just think that would be the coolest! I love how much more involved you are in the small branches! I got to give another sacrament talk last sunday as well. It is just great to serve.
  
Brig is a temple worker? Thats pretty cool! That is a calling right? I'm gonna spend so much time in the temple when I get home. It is definitely something I miss like crazy. I wish we could go so bad. Our branch just did a temple trip and I was tempted to sneak on to the coach.

I'm so excited for conference you have no idea. I'm telling everybody I meet to come and listen to our dear prophet speak, don't you worry dad:) Absolutely no one could deny the spirit at conference! I'm really excited for our investigators to watch it. It's gonna be big!

Happy St. Patricks day from your boy in Aberystwyth! 
Well I hope you all have a great week! Keep up the hard work Ems. I Prayer for you guys every day.

Love,

Elder K 

No comments:

Post a Comment