Wednesday, March 11, 2015

"And My Soul Hungered"

Family,

Well it is the last week of the transfer and man has it flown by. I honestly can't believe it has been six weeks since I got to Aberystwyth. It blows my mind!

I bet Momma is very happy to go and be with the grandkids for a week. Sorry Grandpa but you have to work! I'll make sure to wave at Craig when he flies by. If you think that Elder Beckstrand is close to me think again. Elder Jolley (Blake) is serving in Wales with me! He is about a 2-3 hour drive from me. I actually think that he is closure to me than I am to my mission home.

Emma you look angry in the pictures. Lighten up, ha ha! But that is so awesome that your team did so well! Go you. I'm proud of you you little punk:) I also love the pictures of solo and ensemble. I'm glad to know that it hasn't change a bit since I was there and you got a 1! Woot, woot! I expected nothing less from you. Know that I am please to call you my little sister. You earned it!;)

Dad, I actually remembered you telling me that story. I am sure to tell a few of the members how my dad baptized someone in a frozen river! I'm really glad we had the branch there in support and to throw towels around the girls. It was so cold my feet went numb for like 15 minutes. But it is definitely an experience that I won't soon forget. Tania and Dominique are the coolest. Yes Dominique's dad was able to come! He drove all the way from London to be there. He definitely felt the spirit hard core and even left with a Book of Mormon. It was really exciting to see how touched he was.

We had a lot of support and a lot of Towels and Blankets.






The title this week is "And my soul Hungered," who can guess where that is in the Book of Mormon??? If you said Enos 1:4 you would be correct. I've been studying Enos a lot lately and even though it is just one chapter I've learned a great deal from it. And so has one of our investigators. His name is Tom. Tom is really cool. Tom is from the Isle of Man. Tom plays the trumpet, piano, and probably anything you throw at him. He even has this really cool instrument called a meladica it's a mixture of a harmonica, bagpipes, and an accordion. Also a mini keyboard that only works when you blow into it. Super cool and fun to play. But Tom has been meeting with us for awhile and loves the church. One morning while reading Enos I felt that I needed to give that to Tom to read. I thought nothing of it because it is a really good chapter on praying. So later that day we saw Tom and at the end I challenged him to read Enos. The next day I went on exchange with the Zone leaders so I was down in Swansea. Yah for driving. But I didn't get to go to the next lesson with Tom. Turns out Tom had learned something from Enos that I didn't pick up on. Tom learned that by simply wanting to know something we automatically have faith. It was a breakthrough for him. He thought that you had to do much more to show faith, what he didn't realize was that he was showing faith the whole time. Constantly he was telling us that  his faith wasn't strong enough, when really, it was. It really clicked for him when in one of the talks at church the next day the speakers quote President Uchtdorf, "Doubt your Doubts before you Doubt your faith." Tom realized it was his doubts that he has been doubting the whole time, not his faith! My eye's were filled with tears as he explained to us after how now he knew that this was the true church, and with tears in his eyes explained that he knew that heavenly father loved him.

This is a really cool old church we went into. 
They had an awesome organ.

Many of you may read that and think cool, but nothing big happened. I testify that the Lord doesn't work through Big and complicated means. It is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass, small and simple. Such as 6 weeks of praying every night searching for an answer and then realizing that it had been building up that whole time. That the answer was there he just didn't see it. Faith brings about miracles, but miracles are normally a lot smaller than we think. Sometimes we just have to go through our check list of doubts before we see that our faith was there the whole time. Most of the time we stand in our own way of seeing the miracles in our lives. So don't doubt your faith. Don't even doubt your doubts. Just take doubt out of your life and look to see the miracles around you. As the Lord so greatly councils, "Look to me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."

Classic Welsh picture
Thank you for all your love and support. I hope you weren't expecting a story about food from my title. Because there is no story. I am just hungary right now. I am always hungary..... Anyway, I  hope you have a wonderful week.

Love,

Elder Kmetzsch

No comments:

Post a Comment