Tuesday, August 26, 2014

An Extra 6 Miles & A Water Bottle


Family,

I can't believe you went to St. George without me!!! Ah, I miss mountains so much already! Though I am glad I don't have to bike up them!! It looks like you had a super fun time and that it was a great way to end the summer! Man I feel so old! I'm not quite sure about this whole taking care of myself thing and at this point I really want someone to cook me dinner! We have had a few D/A's but not many. So this week has flown by and I feel like it was yesterday that I emailed you guys last.

Last Monday we went on a search for a bike, cause well the one that I am riding is terrible!!! We biked 3 miles from the chapel to a store called Halford's that sells bikes. When we got there it just looked like a auto repair shop so we didn't go in! We went a little further up the road and found a bike shop and looked around and a few bikes stood out to me, but nothing really popped. So we decided to bike another 3 miles to a store called decathlon to look there. We got there and there was just nothing I liked so yea 3 miles for nothing! I was super tired so I was so glad I remembered to bring a water bottle. We decided to go back to the bike shop and order one of the ones that I kinda liked, but we got there too late and it had closed! It looked like we had biked 9 miles for nothing! But as we were passing Halford's on the way home we saw this little sign that said "Bikes" on it! Ah, we went 6 miles only to come back to the store we started at! So we went in and I found a nice bike that I really like for £200 or $350! It's expensive but not as much as a lot of the other bikes, and it will last me my whole mission! So I ordered the bike and the guy helping me is named Matt. I reached to get a drink out of my water bottle and found it was empty so I asked Matt if there was somewhere I could fill it up! He took us back into the shop where there was a tap and as I was filling it up he asked us about what we do! So we told him and he was super interested in finding out if there is a God and Prayer! We were super excited and are teaching him later this week! So pray that we can answer his questions and that he finds what he is looking for! Sometime the Lord just needs us to bike an extra 6 miles so we need to fill up a water bottle. Without that we never would have had that conversation and we wouldn't be teaching Matt! Also the Lord knows that I am super out of shape so another 6 miles is actually good for me! I am getting in shape though! I have already lost over 10 pounds and am dropping! So ya all of my pants are huge!!!!! I'm not really sure what to do but I'll figure something out!

My awesome new bike

On Tuesday I went on my first exchange and it was with Elder Passey. Yes he is the other greeny in our district. Elder Worlton thought it would be pretty funny to put the two new-bees on exchange together, when neither of us know the area! But we showed him and had a pretty awesome day! We ended up placing a BOM and getting 5 potential investigators! We also went and knocked on doors! We don't actually go tracking in this mission very often. Most of our finding is street contacting. So it was my first time knocking doors when I went with Elder Passey! We found one cool family so that was cool! On Wednesday we did service for Rose again idk if I told you about her but she is a super funny old lady! Me and Elder Passey had a bit of trouble finding her house but it wasn't too bad! But I did forget to take my tennis shoes on exchange so I did service in basketball shorts and my church shoes, Classy! It was pretty hot to say the least! Rose actually got a little mad at me for not wearing the right shoes! It was funny! 

Thursday was just a long day of biking and finding, but it ended up being a good day cause we got to have dinner with the Lams! The Lams are a chinese family from Hong Kong that have lived here for like twenty years. Brother Lam was a chef and they owned there own restaurant! So yea It was the best curry I have every eaten in my whole entire life!! It was his own recipe and I about died it was so good!!!! He also got a kick out of the one Cantonese word that I know, Yowmogowchaw!! I'm pretty sure I'm his new favorite missionary. He was laughing so hard! It was really great to get to know them a bit better and eat a home cooked meal! 

Friday was pretty good we taught Suzanne and Wayne again and they are on tract to come back to church and on the road for the temple so that's exciting! We also had Dinner with the Russell's. Brother Russell is in the bishopric and has a young family with 4 kids! They live in a flat that is about half the size that they need! But we had a great meal and Sister Russell made a really great dessert that of course was covered in cream! On Sunday we walked with one of our investigators to church, her name is Wai Yin, she is from Hong Kong and is super awesome! She has so many questions and is doing a lot of research! I think she is our strongest investigator at the moment!

This is a beautiful sunset at a park we were contacting at! Too bad, as you can see, there was nobody there!  We are mostly in the city not a whole lot of open space, just the occasional park or field.




I forgot to mention Saturday we were playing football and well I may have gotten hit in the chin and chipped a tooth... It is one of my back teeth don't worry. I am going to see a dentist at some point this week to try and get it fixed! Man I wish Cameron was here I trust him so much more than any of the dentists here! But it should be an easy fix and it isn't bothering me that much! I just have to avoid hard foods. Other than the tooth it's been a good week. I can feel my legs getting stronger and losing weight isn't all that bad! I love all of you and miss you tons! I hope this last week of freedom is a great one for the guys!! 



Love,

Elder Kmetzsch (Jakey)      

No comments:

Post a Comment